URL: http://www.AnesthesiologistAssistant.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=216
Printed Date: 28 Feb 2020 at 2:43pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 9.05 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: AA admissions for 2010
Posted By: Lb615
Subject: AA admissions for 2010
Date Posted: 18 Sep 2009 at 7:33pm
fjrigjwwe9r0tblThread:Message
Hello! Does anyone know how long it normally takes for them overview applications and call for interviews ???

Thankyou =)

Replies:
Posted By: pd11580
Date Posted: 15 Oct 2009 at 2:23pm
I just received a phone call from Nova today for interviews that are scheduled on Oct 30 in Ft. Lauderdale and Nov. 2 in Tampa.

Date Posted: 15 Oct 2009 at 2:51pm
If you dont mind me asking what were your credentials? Like GRE scores/GPA

Date Posted: 15 Oct 2009 at 3:24pm
and when did you apply?

Posted By: pd11580
Date Posted: 16 Oct 2009 at 7:32pm
Sure. My Undergrad GPA is 3.49, grad GPA 3.85, and GRE 1200. I also have previous healthcare experience in a position that involves sedation and advanced airway management. As for my application date, I believe I applied in late August or early September, but I can't remember exactly when.

Posted By: girlie87
Date Posted: 22 Jan 2010 at 10:44pm
Did anyone have interviews recently in jan??? Does anyone know how many students are accepted at the davie campus and the tampa campus for 2010??? Did anyone get in???

Posted By: Seoulman
Date Posted: 29 Jan 2010 at 10:03pm
I had an interview on the 22nd and I was accepted this past Wednesday. Yay! Nova Ft. Lauderdale here I come! :)

-------------
Nova AA to be!

Date Posted: 01 Feb 2010 at 2:03pm
Congrats seoulman!!!!! Can u share u interview experience and if u dont mind ure credentials, volunteering and other stuff tht  got u in??? Ive applied for this yr as well...but still waiting....

Posted By: Seoulman
Date Posted: 01 Feb 2010 at 9:21pm
Interviews were very laid back. I had prepared by knowing all about my personal essay, journal article essay, research I did in university, and writing out answers to the top questions asked by grad schools, mock interview with my supervisor, and of course maybe most important, tons of prayer, but in the end they only asked one question from all of that information. Basically it was a conversation, just getting to know you. There was one 1 on 1 interview, and there was one 2 on 1 interview, so you're interviewed twice by a total of 3 people. Afterward you eat and are shown around the most beautiful campus.

I have a degree in chemistry, 3.43 GPA, average MCAT, but I am not a typical applicant due to life experience.

Good luck!

-------------
Nova AA to be!

Date Posted: 01 Feb 2010 at 11:28pm
thankx!!!!! congrats and gud luck!!!! hopefully I'll meet u in class(fingers crossed)

Posted By: lnguyen
Date Posted: 18 Feb 2010 at 2:18pm

to girly 87.  I have an interview on Feburary 26th.  Does anyone else have an interview on this date?  How are you guys preparing for it?  Should I bring anything?

-------------
luong nguyen

Posted By: Tkp3321
Date Posted: 18 Feb 2010 at 3:01pm
Inguyen when did you apply?  I applied in mid January and still haven't heard anything back.  Do you know if there are March interviews? I took the GRE just a few weeks ago so I guess they haven't got those scores yet.. I'm just very anxious to hear something. If you don't mind me asking what are your credentials gre, gpa, any work experience? I have a degree in Biology with a lower GPA of 3.1, GRE 1100 and have worked as a CNA and volunteered many hours in health related fields but don't know if that will be competitive.  Just trying to get a better feel for what is needed in order to get an interview...Congrats and good luck!

Posted By: lnguyen
Date Posted: 18 Feb 2010 at 4:02pm

hi tkp3321.  I apply back in the end of November or sometime in December I'm not so sure at this point.  I'm very excited and nervous at the same time.

I'm not too sure my credentials are all that great but i have too have a biology dree with a GPa of 3.6, GRe of 1000.  I volunteered also when i was in school.  I don't think you should be worry, my friends said there are interviews after Feburary too.  I hope this help!

-------------
luong nguyen

Print Page | Close Window

Bulletin Board Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 9.05 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2007 Web Wiz - http://www.webwizguide.com