Anesthesiologist Assistant is The Premier Employment-Solutions website for Anesthesia Professionals and Hiring Companies !

HomeMy ProfileSearch JobsPost Profile/CVPost JobsResources
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

What's the Nova AA program like?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
JCole View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote JCole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What's the Nova AA program like?
    Posted: 03 Oct 2007 at 8:39am
fjrigjwwe9r0tblThread:Message

Hello Nova! Can anyone tell me what to expect throughout the 2+ year program?? Is the first year all books? The second year all clinical? What are the actual costs?? Books, tuition...Where are your clinicals held? Which hospitals? Please advise. Thanks!

Edited by JCole - 21 Sep 2009 at 9:02am
cell View Drop Down

Quote cell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2007 at 11:32am
From what I understand, the entire program (including tuition, living expenses, etc.) should cost around $80k. The second year is basically all clinical and some clinical work is done during the first year as well I believe. The hospitals I do not know, but I know there is a list of choices throughout the state.
LJ View Drop Down

Quote LJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2008 at 11:04pm
The first year is a lot of classroom work mixed with clinical experience at hospitals near Nova.  The second year is mostly clinical with some online courses and classroom courses during the summer.  Depending on your lifestyle, the program would cost at least $80k but most likely more, especially if you have dependents. Your first year will most likely be clinical sites in the Ft. Lauderdale/Miami area.  During your second year, you have the opportunity to attend rotations throughout the US.  I believe they currently have the largest number of clinical sites available, including every clinical site that Emory offers.  The program is excellent and the professors/ professionals associated with the program, many of whom are very active in the AAAA community, have very impressive credentials.  In addition, if you're from the Tampa area, it may interest you that Nova will be opening a second program in the Tampa area in the next year or two.    
Mutualsubmission View Drop Down

Quote Mutualsubmission Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2008 at 3:42pm

LJ

Are you in the Nova program now? Can you please elaborate on the Tampa schools...is it a definite? etc.
Learn to take no as a vitamin.
LJ View Drop Down

Quote LJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2008 at 1:27pm
Yes, I am in the Nova program now. It is definitely a definite, recently the new medical director for the Tampa program spoke at one of our guest lectures. As far as I know they are planning on taking their first class next year but I am not sure if it will be delayed. If I hear anymore information Ill post it on here.    
Mutualsubmission View Drop Down

Quote Mutualsubmission Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2008 at 4:16pm
thank you for the information about the Tampa program. I'm a respiratory therapist at present, but I'm weighing my options: AA school or nurisng, then CRNA. I tend to grab onto any information that I can to help me with my decisions.

CRNA programs are less of a hassle to get into and there are lots of schools. However a year to become a nurse then a year or two for experience to apply pushes the timetable.  AA is more difficult, more requirements/classes for me to take, and at present only 5 schools in the nation.

I would be a nontraditional student, so time is important to me. I want to maximize my efforts and time, with the biggest payoff. What's your take on that...or anyone else reading the thread?
Learn to take no as a vitamin.
Lou View Drop Down

Quote Lou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2008 at 7:01pm
What type of clinical sites does Nova offer in the West Coast? I'm applying this year and I'd like to see how close I can get to home (seattle). It seems like Kansas City or Denver would be the closest at this point? Do you have anyone in your class going further west than that? Thanks!
kellyjaa View Drop Down

Quote kellyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2008 at 2:02pm
Does anyone have any information on the open house NOVA plans to have in October?  I have submitted all of my paperwork, how long does it take to get a confirmation and an offer for an interview, if granted?
mike1234321 View Drop Down

Quote mike1234321 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2008 at 6:16am
Originally posted by LJ

The first year is a lot of classroom work mixed with clinical experience at hospitals near Nova.  The second year is mostly clinical with some online courses and classroom courses during the summer.  Depending on your lifestyle, the program would cost at least $80k but most likely more, especially if you have dependents. Your first year will most likely be clinical sites in the Ft. Lauderdale/Miami area.  During your second year, you have the opportunity to attend rotations throughout the US.  I believe they currently have the largest number of clinical sites available, including every clinical site that Emory offers.  The program is excellent and the professors/ professionals associated with the program, many of whom are very active in the AAAA community, have very impressive credentials.  In addition, if you're from the Tampa area, it may interest you that Nova will be opening a second program in the Tampa area in the next year or two.    

This is So True i will do agree with you ...
taipan View Drop Down

Quote taipan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2009 at 9:54pm

I just got an interview at Nova I am very excited. My question is do they interview everybody who applies? What are the chances of being accepted after the interview?What questions do they ask? How to prepare for it?

many thanks
taipan
 Post Reply Post Reply