Anesthesiologist Assistant is The Premier Employment-Solutions website for Anesthesia Professionals and Hiring Companies !

HomeMy ProfileSearch JobsPost Profile/CVPost JobsResources
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Michael Jackson Autopsy Dispute

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
JCole View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote JCole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Michael Jackson Autopsy Dispute
    Posted: 04 Jul 2009 at 12:30pm
Michael Jackson Autopsy Dispute Rages
Singer Feared His Murder; Powerful Narcotic Found at His House
By TheImproper.com

Michael Jackson had a deep fear of being murdered, but a second autopsy, conducted at the request of his family has found no signs of foul play, although it confirmed that "unique and significant marks and injuries" were found on his body.

While it’s highly unlikely Jackson was murdered, the controversy continues to rage around the singer’s physical and mental condition in the days leading up to his sudden death from cardiac arrest on June. 25.

It includes the discovery of a powerful narcotic amid his cache of prescription drugs that could have easily caused cardiac arrest.

The heated dispute over Jackson's condition was sparked after purported details of his official autopsy were leaked to a London tabloid. It claimed Jackson was “severely emaciated,” weighed less than 125 pounds and had nothing in his stomach except prescription pills.

The report also claimed he was completely bald and covered in scars from at least 13 cosmetic procedures.

The Los Angeles Coroner’s office called the details largely untrue. Since then, AEG Live, the promoter of his 50-concert “This is It” shows in London, has mounted a campaign to show that Jackson was robust and engaged in rehearsals in the last few days before his death.

Jackson was said to be eager to perform the shows, and was “out-dancing 20 year olds.”

The concert promoter is facing millions of dollars in losses because the shows have been cancelled and is looking for ways to salvage the project.

It could also face significant legal liability and loss of insurance reimbursement, because it claimed Jackson had passed a rigorous four and a half hour physical exam and was in good health.

In the latest development, long-time Jackson family lawyer Brian Oxman said the second autopsy, details of which were provided to Jackson’s mother Katherine - were allegedly consistent with the original report.

"Firstly, the four puncture marks on his chest from the needle. Well I've seen those marks on his chest - I've seen his body - so I know they're there. His weight - we know he was incredibly lean. Regarding baldness, Michael does have a distinctive patch on the side of his head. I know that his brother, who is only six years older, has a similar fuzz from losing his hair and has to dye it.

Michael Jackson Dies of Cardiac Arrest at 50

Michael Jackson Autopsy Results Inconclusive on Drug Role

Discography: Michael Jackson's Top Albums Buy Them Here

Michael Jackson Took Dangerous Drug Cocktail

Jackson Doctor Denies Giving Singer Demerol

"Regarding the tablets in his stomach, well, we know he was taking a lot of prescription drugs. That hasn't been denied," Oxman said. Michael is believed to have been taking a cocktail of painkillers, anti-anxiety tablets, anti-depressants and muscle relaxants, including Vicodin, Dialudid, Xanax, Soma, Prilosec, Paxil, Demerol and Zoloft.

Michael's doctor, Conrad Murray, has confirmed the “Thriller” star received an adrenaline shot to the heart by paramedics at the scene of his rented Los Angeles mansion in an attempt to revive him.

Oxman said the pop superstar was reportedly terrified of being murdered for his money or the music publishing rights he owned, which included his own work and over 200 songs from the Beatles back catalogue. The rights are estimated to be worth nearly $1 billion.

"He feared somebody wanted to kill him. He was even concerned people would kill him to somehow try to take control of the Beatles back catalogue," Oxman said.

AEG President Randy Phillips has blasted claims Michael was too frail to perform. "At rehearsal on June 24, he gave me a hug and he whispered into my ear, 'Now I know I can do this',” he said in a British television interview. "We have, and we may at some point release, some footage of him in rehearsal that would totally refute that."

Kevin Mazur, a photographer who was taking pictures of Michael rehearsing and spoke to the singer during his practice sessions, supported that view. Mazur, who has worked with Michael since 1984, said the singer was shouting: "This is me. The true me. I feel so alive. I feel as though I want to perform forever.

"The only thing missing is my fans, my people, my family - and they will come. I know they will. I'm so happy. Can you feel it? Can you feel it?"

Mazur added: "It was incredible. It was a joy to behold. You could tell Michael was so excited. "He was like an expectant father pacing up and down the stage. He was just so focused. I have never seen him so happy."

Aside from the purportedly leaked autopsy details, celebrity author Ian Halperin claimed that in the final weeks before his death, Jackson led a ghastly existence, riddled with anxiety and fear over his financial problems and a grueling schedule of 50 concerts set to begin in July.

He ate next to nothing, bordering on anorexia, and was supplied with a constant stream of prescription drugs by enablers, who increasingly controlled his life. Halperin described Jackson as a feeble old man, who could no longer sing, and did not have the stamina to perform a string of 50 concerts.

In another new development, Jackson's former manager claims his drug taking was out of control since 2003.

Dieter Wiesner, who worked for the late pop legend from 1996 to 2003, alleges the 'Thriller' star used medicinal drugs for years but became addicted to them in the wake of devastating 2003 television documentary, in which Michael revealed he slept in the same bed with several young boys.

The show “Living with Michael Jackson” by Martin Bashir was so devastating to Michael he never recovered from it, Wiesner said. "It broke him. It killed him. It took a long time to die, but it started that night.

"Previously the drugs were a crutch, but after that they became a necessity. They got him through his days and insomnia-riddled nights. And the people who gave them knew what they were doing. They should never have been around."

New reports also claim a powerful narcotic used for surgical anaesthesia has reportedly been found at Michael Jackson's home. Propofol. which is used to sedate patients before surgery, can only be prescribed by medical professionals and is usually given to patients via an intravenous drip.

Gossip website TMZ quotes a source as saying: "There is no conceivable way this drug can be properly prescribed for home use."

Officials entered the house at about noon and came out carrying two plastic bags.TMZ reports police were looking for "controlled substances and paraphernalia - in particular needles".

Propofol can cause cardiac arrest if it is mixed with other painkillers. Jackson was reported to be taking up to seven different medications at the time of his death, but Propofol is so strong it can cause cardiac arrest by itself.

Registered nurse Cherilyn Lee, who is also a nutritionist and was working with Michael ahead of his London comeback shows, claims the pop legend was an insomniac who regularly asked her to prescribe him Diprivan, the brand name for Propofol.

"He wasn't looking to get high or feel good and sedated from drugs. This was a person who was not on drugs. This was a person who was seeking help, desperately, to get some sleep, to get some rest," she said.

The Chicago Sun-Times newspaper reports: "Several months ago, Jackson had begun badgering Lee about Diprivan. In recent months, Lee said, Jackson waved away her warnings about it.

"'I had an IV and when it hit my vein, I was sleeping. That's what I want,' Lee said Jackson told her. I said, 'Michael, the only problem with you taking this medication' - and I had a chill in my body and tears in my eyes three months ago - 'the only problem is you're going to take it and you're not going to wake up.' "

Ironically, Lee also claimed Michael, who reportedly began taking medication after his hair caught fire while filming a commercial for Pepsi in 1984, took prescription drugs because he viewed them as a safe option.

"He said, 'I don't like drugs. I don't want any drugs. My doctor told me this is a safe medicine.' "

AnesthesiaAssistant.com
 Post Reply Post Reply