Anesthesiologist Assistant is The Premier Employment-Solutions website for Anesthesia Professionals and Hiring Companies !

HomeMy ProfileSearch JobsPost Profile/CVPost JobsResources
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Respiratory Therapist to Anethesia Assistant?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Lemon Bars View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Lemon Bars Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Respiratory Therapist to Anethesia Assistant?
    Posted: 15 Dec 2011 at 9:54pm
fjrigjwwe9r0tblThread:Message
Does being a licensed respiratory therapist exempt a person from pre-requisites for an anesthetist program? I see a program called The Michener Institute that says you must be an RN or an RT with two years experience and lists a few other minor requirements. It says nothing about organic chemistry, biochemistry and such. It even looks like you can go part-time. Am I getting titles confused? I think I understand that a nurse anesthetist and an anesthesiologist assistant are similar, but are there other professionals that deal with anesthesia? (besides an MD Anesthesiologist)

I'm doing pre-requisites for Respiratory Therapy and I want to know what options there may be for the future. I've heard of a Perfusionist, as well. I want to know if all of these professions require years and years of chemistry as well as top grades, which I don't have. If someone could please help me make sense of this, I'd sure appreciate it! Thanks!
Lemon Bars View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Lemon Bars Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2011 at 10:22pm
fjrigjwwe9r0tblThread:Message
OOh this is in Canada! Hmmm...Canada....
 Post Reply Post Reply