Anesthesiologist Assistant is The Premier Employment-Solutions website for Anesthesia Professionals and Hiring Companies !

HomeMy ProfileSearch JobsPost Profile/CVPost JobsResources
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Hospital Employment

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
kellyjaa View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote kellyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hospital Employment
    Posted: 22 Aug 2008 at 2:17pm
fjrigjwwe9r0tblThread:Message
What is the easiest job to get working in a hospital?  I have until next June and I want to work in a hospital.  I have submitted resumes, but they take one look at my degree and tell me they would not pay me enough.  My response is "I do not care.  I want to work in your hospital as..."  You can fill in the blank.  I have tried OR tech, EKG trainee, environmental tech.  You name it, and I have tried to apply for it.  Can anyone give some good advice?
MEFerrante View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote MEFerrante Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2009 at 2:23am
fjrigjwwe9r0tblThread:Message
You just gotta somehow get in...PERFERABLY with some good patient contact.  If you've shadowed some AAs or Anesthesiologists they would tell you that they see signs/hear about orderly positions all the time in the OR.  I would start there, and just keep checking with human resources.  Even, as you said, to apply for something and then move up-that would work too.  If it were me (it was a few years ago) I would DEFINATELY make sure it was patient care experience though-especially since you have such a little time frame.  Otherwise, I wouldnt bother....it wouldnt be worth the trouble taking out trash if you cant interact with patients in the future.
 Post Reply Post Reply