Anesthesiologist Assistant is The Premier Employment-Solutions website for Anesthesia Professionals and Hiring Companies !

HomeMy ProfileSearch JobsPost Profile/CVPost JobsResources
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

CRNA Stanley...the truth my friend!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
jcole2 View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote jcole2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CRNA Stanley...the truth my friend!
    Posted: 28 Oct 2010 at 3:14pm
CRNA Stanley,

If a nurse gives medication without a physicians order then they are practicing medicine. It would be the UNLICENSED practice of medicine. Which is illegal in all 50 states.

The ASA pointed this years ago, but the CRNA said that they were not practicing medicine. The way that got around this is that they are practicing under the physicians license (the CRNA practices either under the supervising Anesthesiologist or supervising Surgeon!!!)
Please don't tell me you are practicing medicine without a license.

The CRNA have lobbied to circumvent the medicare requirement of physician supervision. It was decided that the this requirement be left to the states. States which have a shortage of anesthesiologist have opted out of this requirement out of necessity. Perhaps Indiana has opted out of physician supervision and that is why YOU are able to practice without supervision. This is NOT the case with the rest of the country.

I am extremely happy that YOU tell patients that you are a nurse practicing anesthesia. This however is NOT the case with many of your fellow CRNA. Please do not tell me that you actually believe that the majority of CRNA correct patients misconceptions.

As regards to malpractice insurance. This varies widely between states. It is good to hear that your malpractice is low. This however is NOT the case in California. I know this may be very difficult to comprehend, given that you are a CRNA, but malpractice rates vary WIDELY depending on the state. I know this is a difficult concept to comprehend, but in California, the malpractice rates of CRNA are substantially higher. This may be different than Indiana, but then again, I have repeatedly stated that I am referring to malpractice in California. Somehow this has been very hard for YOU (Stanley) to register.

To quote CRNA Stanley, "Stupid pet tricks." I guess this isn't considered profanity by you. I do not say this to my fellow health professionals, but apparently, you feel that this is appropriate.

To summarize, I am so very happy that my practice is a physician only practice. I would HATE working with someone like you. A know it all, who overstates his abilities, not trainable, and has a huge chip on his shoulder. To the physicians who work with you, my sincere pity.

Who are DNAP's ::: DNAP.COM
 Post Reply Post Reply