Anesthesiologist Assistant is The Premier Employment-Solutions website for Anesthesia Professionals and Hiring Companies !

HomeMy ProfileSearch JobsPost Profile/CVPost JobsResources
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Best AA school

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
CMW View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote CMW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Best AA school
    Posted: 25 Feb 2008 at 10:53am
Just wondering if I could get some unbiased information on which AA program/school is the best. I know they all have their pros/cons and I think that in most cases what program will fit one person very well might not fit another. But in general does anyone have any imput?
kellyjaa View Drop Down

Quote kellyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2008 at 1:54pm
The one you get accepted to will be the best AA school.  Some people like South because of the heavy review courses and a comprehensive exam.  Some like Emory because its of name and history.  Some like KC because it is really small and brand new.  Some like Case because it has a great hospital affiliation and 100% job placement by the end of year one.  Some like NOVA because of the awesome scenery and the ratio of 4:1 (women to men) in the Ft. Lauderdale/Miami area.
Genetics View Drop Down

Quote Genetics Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2009 at 12:41pm
Originally posted by kellyjaa

Some like NOVA because of the awesome scenery and the ratio of 4:1 (women to men) in the Ft. Lauderdale/Miami area.

I hope that the program is decent also! Right now I am trying to make the decision on going to Nova or waiting a few extra months to try to get into Emory or Case. Would you recommend doing this? Will employers dock me if I have a degree from Nova?
OutCold7 View Drop Down

Quote OutCold7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2009 at 8:33pm
honestly pick the one you want that best fits you... the 4 to 1 ratio of girls to guys and the tropical weather shouldnt mean to much lol (I understand what you mean though lol), I don't think it would make much of a big difference if you choosed one over the other.  in all honesty I'd pick case/emory over nova, they are a little better well known (but I think nova is comparable education wise), also i want something different
Genetics View Drop Down

Quote Genetics Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2009 at 1:26am
That is what I thought. Emory is a more recognized name. But talking to my friends, you know those people that are pharmacists, lawyers, and doctors, and they said Nova is pretty well known for graduate school.
AAcrazy View Drop Down

Quote AAcrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2009 at 2:22pm
Can anyone give any insight on South vs. Emory - besides Emory's name.  Like job placement, professors, etc...  I know South has a 100% pass rate with the certification Exam.  Does anyone know Emory's stats? 
blugas View Drop Down

Quote blugas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2009 at 9:27pm
For those of you who are uninformed about Nova's history, Nova was initially a university that was developed around graduate studies.  Undergraduate came later.  In regards to which school is better...you need to consider what each school has to offer.  I am personally for Nova 100%.   
jal18 View Drop Down

Quote jal18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2009 at 12:03pm
considering Nova students have beaten all of the other AA schools in the AA jeopardy game every year except the first one (which i believe is 6 times) I would say their academics are pretty good, just my opinion though
AAcrazy View Drop Down

Quote AAcrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2009 at 12:55pm
Does anyone have an opinion on South vs. Emory?  I've seen a lot on Nova, but I was curious about those two specifically. 
 Post Reply Post Reply