Anesthesiologist Assistant is The Premier Employment-Solutions website for Anesthesia Professionals and Hiring Companies !

HomeMy ProfileSearch JobsPost Profile/CVPost JobsResources
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Admission requirement questions!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
yulin View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote yulin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Admission requirement questions!
    Posted: 05 Dec 2009 at 2:06pm
Question1: Does Case Western accept one who has no previous health care related background but meet almost every basic requirement for admission such as MCAT, GPA, pre-reqs etc.,plus strong determination to go into this program?

Question2: Also, can a good MCAT score compensate for a GPA which is a little bit lower than average matriculation GPA?

Thank you everyone who respond to my question!
keregg228 View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote keregg228 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2009 at 3:07pm

case western is the most competitive of AA-c schools. Health care experience is not required at any of the schools but definitely helps. To a certain degree a high MCAT score can compensate for a lower GPA and every school, but some schools put a larger emphasis on MCAT than others.

I believe Emory likes high MCAT while not worrying about GPA as much. CASE seems to take high MCAT and GPA. NOVA averages (this is from someone in there admissions office) 3.6-3.7 overall GPA and 3.4 science and 27-28 MCAT for this year. Im not sure about the Missouri school bc I don't want to go there and they don't have a very large class size and are a state school so take more in state students.

Case did just open another campus in Houston TX and is taking late applications for this year. If you do not have all requirements met then you need to show enrollment for them for some schools to consider you.

A lot of applicants are Respiratory therapists or PA-c or paramedics, and I think they do like this but it is not a requirement. I have a BS in Human Biology with a double major in Physiology and I am halfway through a Respiratory therapy program I dont want to finish, and am leaving it for AA-c or med school.

Best of luck to you

BS Human Biology and Physiology
RRT student
MPH student
DO and AA-C applicant leaning towards AA-c
 Post Reply Post Reply