Anesthesiologist Assistant is The Premier Employment-Solutions website for Anesthesia Professionals and Hiring Companies !

HomeMy ProfileSearch JobsPost Profile/CVPost JobsResources
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

aa / pa where can they work????

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
parc8 View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote parc8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: aa / pa where can they work????
    Posted: 02 Jan 2008 at 11:23am
fjrigjwwe9r0tblThread:Message

hi i am a pa interested in aa profession, does anyone know if PAs with AA degrees can work in states that do not have aa s yet?  I have heard that people with aa/pa degrees are eliglible to work in all 50, is this possible, and if possible it only theoretical can it actually be done.... also would it be possible to work for the VA system in any state besides the ones that aas are alrerady employed in? 

sharewic View Drop Down

Quote sharewic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2008 at 10:29pm
i too am having trouble finding out this information. i was told to contact individual VA centers. the problem with this is that most VA centers have no idea what an AA is or what one does.
   it would make since that you could practice in every state as a PA with AA degree. but from what i have read i think you can only work in VA centers in states we are already qualified to work in.
this is really the only thing keeping me from pursuing AA,because i would be find knowing i could work in every state even if it is only in VA centers.
Sav View Drop Down

Quote Sav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2008 at 4:56pm
AAs can work in any state that permits AA-C licensing or delegatory authority.  Right now, I believe there are 17 or 18 states that we currently practice in.  AAs can also be employed by any VA hospital willing to take them.  But as you said above, not all VA hospitals know what an AA is, and some of them would have a hard time hiring AAs with the CRNAs that work there fighting it.  The profession is growing very fast and new states are opening up constantly.  Now is a very good time to be getting in to the AA profession as there are many employment opportunities out there.
ApplicantTree View Drop Down

Quote ApplicantTree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2008 at 1:25pm
You should call the VA to find out that information
 Post Reply Post Reply