Anesthesiologist Assistant is The Premier Employment-Solutions website for Anesthesia Professionals and Hiring Companies !

HomeMy ProfileSearch JobsPost Profile/CVPost JobsResources
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Heavily Considering AA School..questions!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
casey View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote casey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Heavily Considering AA School..questions!
    Posted: 16 Aug 2009 at 4:39pm
fjrigjwwe9r0tblThread:Message
Hello everyone, I'm new to the site!

I attended last years Anesthesia convention held in Orlando with my father, an anesthesiologist, where I ran into the idea of potentially applying to AA school while visiting with multiple schools' representatives. The career path looked incredibly exciting and vigorous, so I kept it in mind. While shadowing my father at his surgery center later that year, I became increasingly ambitious about attending AA school and now have a few questions I was hoping current and potential AA's could answer...

I am 21 years old and have completed a B.A. in political science from UCF and decided to postpone graduation an extra 14 months to complete all of the pre-med prerequisites save Biology II and Biochemistry. I took Microbiology with lab (a 5 hour course for Micro/Molec Bio majors) and was wondering if this was equivalent to Bio II? Many of the schools pre-requisite listings say "6 hours of general biology," but is that necessarily Bio II? I'll be taking Biochem in the fall or spring.

I am taking the MCAT..this Friday.. (WOO!!!!) and was wondering what scores were typical of accepted applicants to AA school? Hypothetically I wish to take it again in January... is this acceptable? I'll be taking the GRE as well during the fall.

I have completed all the requirements at UCF to obtain my degree, but since I'll be taking Biochem this year I decided to wait to graduate and take other science classes in the meantime. I have taken organic chemistry II, anatomy and physiology.. but what other courses are reccomended  to take prior to AA school not listed? Molecular cell biology was suggested on Novas page, but what about genetics, histology.. immunology?

Thanks so much! Just looking for advice!

< id="gwProxy" ="">< ="jsCall;" id="jsProxy" ="">
 Post Reply Post Reply